So, It has been awhile since the last update, (YAY! HOLIDAYS AND WORK!).
Anyways, is currently 7/12 on 25m progression at the moment. Everyone has been performing to the level they should be, including myself, so GRATZ to all of us.
- Icebound Fortitude now breaks stuns when used, in addition to providing immunity to them.
- Necrotic Strike’s absorption effect is now reduced by the target’s resilience.
- Bone Shield now has 4 charges, up from 3.
- If Death Strike is used while a Blood Shield is already active, the new absorb will stack with the old one instead of replacing it.
- Blood Strike damage is increased by 12.5% for each of your diseases on the target, up from 10%.
- Heart Strike now deals 120% weapon damage, up from 100%.
- Blood Boil base damage increased by 20%, from 297 to 357.
- Blood Presence now increases armor contribution by 30%, down from 60%.
- Death Strike now heals for 15% of the damage sustained, down from 25%.
- Crimson Scourge now has a 5/10% chance to proc from melee attacks on a target infected with your Blood Plague. (Old – 50/100% chance to proc from Plague Strike)
- Will of the Necropolis no longer regenerates a Blood Rune but makes your next Rune Tap free instead.
- Howling Blast now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell
- Runic Empowerment wording changed to add “successfully” use Death Coil, Frost Strike, or Rune Strike.
- Rune Strike now deals 180% weapon damage, up from 150%.
- Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.
- Killing Machine no longer affects Icy Touch.
- Blightcaller (Mastery) has been redesigned and renamed Dreadblade. It increases all Shadow damage by 2.5% per point of mastery.
- Death’s Advance (new talent): While both Unholy Runes are depleted, movement-impairing effects cannot reduce the death knight below 75/100% of normal movement speed.
- Sudden Doom is now triggered only from main-hand auto attacks, and is normalized according to weapon speed rather than having a fixed percentage chance.
- Virulence has been redesigned. It now grants 10/20/30% additional disease damage.
- Scourge Strike now deals an additional 18% Physical damage done as Shadow Damage for each disease on your target. Up from 12%.
- Unholy Might now increases your Strength by 5%, down from 10%.
- Glyph of Dark Succor (new talent) raise the minimum healing done by Death Strike from 7% to 20% of maximum health, but only while in Unholy or Frost Presence.
Big changes in store for Death Knights (not really heh). Howling Blast got its much-anticipated NERF. Frost AoE damage was ridiculously great, tho even DW frost suffered in the single target dept. It will be interesting to see how 2H Frost will perform. Also, Hungering Cold now has a PvP duration of 8 secs. Chillblains now also causes the target to be rooted with chains of ice of 1.5-3 secs.
As for blood, they got an overall threat boost. Even though seeing that Death Strike got its healing reduced, and Blood presc. armor reduced, the new Death Strike mechanic that involves an active blood shield should make up for that… Hopefully. ( I got with our DK tank about this he was more specific but I didn’t take notes… DK! <3 no homo.)
As for unholy… I was expecting our little friend (the ghoul) to receive a nerf. Our changes are more for balancing our spec. Yes Unholy might got reduced, but our mastery received nice upgrade. Scourge strike also received its fair bit of loving as well. In my opinion, haste will always be the better stat. Reforging into Mastery (If you can’t reforge into Haster), might be another option to consider now that Scourge Strike got a bit of a buff. Although, I should download the PTR client to able to tinker with the new changes ;P.
My Set Up:
So this is my User Interface.
Pretty basic, for melee. I highlighted the Add-Ons so they are much easier to identify.
Purple: Mik’s Scrolling Battle Text (MSBT)
Pink: mRunes: I prefer this add over the typical DK one such as Magic Runes. Reason I prefer mRunes is because it has a neater presentation, and it displays not only DoT’s but also procs such as Sudden Doom.
Grey: I use PRAT, just because I wanted to distinguish certain chats in more “simple” presentation.
Green: Skada Damage Meter. A friend recommended it because I was having some FPS issues before I got my new computer. It consumes less resources than Recount, so low FPS’ers… GET THIS!
Yellow: Shadowed Unit Frames. Our warlock (Tim/Sxyman) was blabbing about this add-on a few months ago, saying “all the pro raiders use this”… SO YEAH… Also, the neat presentation is a plus. Just like Skada, It doesn’t consume as much resources like Pitbull. It’s very customizable also, just takes some time to adjust certain settings.
Blue: Satrina’s Buff Frames
Sky Blue: Bartender4.
Anyways… that’s my UI… IF anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment.